This training is for staff, volunteers and trustees of organisations working in partnership in the Wales and Africa sector, who want to improve their safeguarding policy and practices.
This training is for people who have not yet completed a Safeguarding training with Hub Cymru Africa. If you have previously completed a training, please register for the Safeguarding Refresher course on the 20th July.
Completion of this training is a requirement for grantees receiving an award through the WCVA Wales Africa grant scheme. This training will take participants through the essential safeguarding practices and requirements for organisations working in global solidarity with partners in Africa.
The training will:
- Define safeguarding within an international context
- Explain global safeguarding standards and how to meet them
- Discuss situations and behaviours of safeguarding concern
- Explain the three pillars of prevention, reporting and response and how to apply these in your organisation
- Share tools to assess risk, and identify gaps in practice
- Share templates for key documents that you will need to have in place to underpin best practice in prevention, response and reporting
Once you have submitted your registration, please check your inbox and junk mail for the confirmation email. This has a link unique to you which you will need in order to access the event. You will need to be signed into the Zoom account you registered with to use the link.
Have you completed Safeguarding training with HCA (or equivalent e.g. BOND, SWIDN) in the past 2 years?
YES – (You may find it more useful to attend the Safeguarding Refresher training here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtduGppjMsH9SQ15qAPBsLXnA821MpLWO_
NO – proceed to booking.