Who is this training for?
- Staff, and volunteers of organisations working in partnership in Wales and Africa, who want to improve their safeguarding policy and practices.
- Staff, volunteers or trustees who are travelling, or engaged in programme activity that carries any safeguarding risk.
- Partner staff in Africa are also encouraged to attend if this is possible.
- People who have already attended Hub Cymru Africa Safeguarding training in the past two years, but who want to refresh their knowledge of Safeguarding.
- People who have had Safeguarding training in the past two years from another provider, who want to refresh their knowledge of Safeguarding.
What will you learn?
This training will briefly refresh on the key areas of Safeguarding good practice, including key terms and definitions, Safeguarding standards, and the Safeguarding cycle.
We will then use discussion of case studies to apply this knowledge to scenarios.
Participants are welcome to submit their own case studies for discussion if they would like to discuss a particular area of practice (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
There will be time for questions and discussion.
We will share resources and templates to underpin best practice in prevention, response and reporting.
This training will take place online via Zoom, and is a participatory training.