Who is this training for?
- This is mandatory training for designated Safeguarding focal points of organisations working in partnership in Wales and Africa, including Safeguarding focal points of partners in Africa, if this is possible
- Safeguarding Essentials is a pre-requisite for this training, unless you have completed an equivalent training within the last 2 years.
What will you learn?
This training will build on the Essentials training, focusing on:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Safeguarding Focal Point
- Roles and responsibilities of Trustees in relation to Safeguarding, including the specific responsibilities of the Safeguarding Trustee
- Leadership, and facilitating a safe organisational culture
- Responding to an incident, including managing investigations
- Reporting, including reporting to the Charity Commission
- Donor requirements in relation to Safeguarding
- Share templates for key documents that you will need to have in place to underpin best practice in prevention, response and reporting.
This training will take place online via Zoom, and is a participatory training.