Who is this training for?
- Staff, and volunteers of organisations working in partnership in Wales and Africa, who want to improve their safeguarding policy and practices.
- Staff, volunteers or trustees who are travelling, or engaged in programme activity that carries any safeguarding risk (for whom this training is a requirement under the WCVA grant scheme).
- Partner staff in Africa are also encouraged to attend if this is possible.
- People who have not yet completed a Safeguarding training with Hub Cymru Africa, or who have completed a training more than 2 years ago and want to refresh their knowledge.
Designated Safeguarding Focal points will need to complete this training as a prerequisite for the Safeguarding Focal Point training (see below).
What will you learn?
This training will take participants through the essential Safeguarding practices and requirements for organisations working in global solidarity with partners in Africa. The training will:
- Define Safeguarding within an international context, and within the context in Wales
- Explain global safeguarding standards and how to meet them
- Discuss situations and behaviours of safeguarding concern
- Explain the Safeguarding cycle, and the three pillars of prevention, reporting and response and how to apply these in your organisation taking a survivor centred approach
- Share tools to assess risk, and identify gaps in practice
- Share templates for key documents that you will need to have in place to underpin best practice in prevention, response and reporting
This training will take place online via Zoom, and is a participatory training.