COVID-19 Vaccine Equity: Lessons learned so far
10th June 2021
Join us to hear health workers share their experiences of supporting COVID-19 vaccine roll out in a number of countries across the globe. This session aims to inform, encourage and support advocacy in relation to equitable distribution of vaccines across the world and to inform and support effective delivery of vaccines ‘on the ground’ as part of a wider programme of COVID prevention and early recognition in resource poor communities.
The session will cover several topics including setting the scene of the global vaccine roll out, what some of the issues are and some myth busters. We will look at the pros and cons of different potential global vaccination policies, where the vaccine ‘sits’ as part of the COVID prevention strategies and here health worker’s direct experiences of ensuring an equitable roll out to the populations they work with. We are hoping to have contributions from Wales, India, Uganda and Senegal.
• Dr Gill Richardson, Assistant Director of Policy and International Health, PHW
• Dr Beryl Dsouza DCH ,MRCPCH ,Director, Good Shepherd Healthcare
• Mathias Malumba, Care for Uganda
• Tabitha Ndiaye, Niokolo Network and Ndiogou Ndiaye, Kamben Production
• Jasmin Chowdhury, Senior Practitioner for Service Development & Engagement, Public Health Wales