This training is for staff, volunteers and trustees of organisations working in partnership in Wales and Africa, who want to improve their safeguarding policy and practices.
The training is for people who have not yet completed a Safeguarding training with Hub Cymru Africa, or who have completed a training more than 2 years ago and want to refresh their knowledge. Completion of this training is a requirement for grantees receiving an award through the WCVA Wales Africa grant scheme.
This training will take participants through the essential Safeguarding practices and requirements for organisations working in global solidarity with partners in Africa. The training will:
- Define Safeguarding within an international context, and within the context in Wales
- Explain global safeguarding standards and how to meet them
- Discuss situations and behaviours of safeguarding concern
- Explain the Safeguarding cycle, and the three pillars of prevention, reporting and response and how to apply these in your organisation
- Share tools to assess risk, and identify gaps in practice
- Share templates for key documents that you will need to have in place to underpin best practice in prevention, response and reporting.
If you want to attend a training but can’t make this date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your registration, please check your inbox and junk mail for the confirmation email. This has a link unique to you which you will need in order to access the event. You will need to be signed into the Zoom account you registered with to use the link.