Advance Mentoring Programme
Applications for the 2020 programme are now closed – please check back for details of when the programme will be open for 2021.
Hub Cymru Africa’s Advance Programme will help your organisation enhance their capacity and potential. This programme which runs in 3 different formats is available to up to five organisations in Wales each year.
This programme could help you and your organisation:
- Reach your goals: develop and deliver new activities through a year of co-production against your own activity plan
- Fund capacity enhancing activities: with up to £750 available to use for events, training or travel to achieve your goal
- Meet peers and experts: get advice relevant to your own organisation’s development
- Be supported throughout: access to a one-to-one mentor
Is my organisation eligible?
The Advance programme is open to any Wales-based international-development organisations working in solidarity with African partners (where relevant) to create and deliver innovative solutions for communities living in poverty.
If you want to grow, expand, improve, refine or rethink what you do, then the Advance programme could be for you with its in-depth approach to working together over a year.
It is completely flexible and can include a range of activities to support you, including advancing your communication skills; financial management; governance; fundraising and programme design.
Your organisation or group must be based in Wales. It must be at least two years old and already leading a project, or have realistic and tested pilot plans, a Southern partnership and be ready to start.
- You live in Wales.
- You represent, either as a volunteer or staff member, an organisation which is focused on sustainable development in Sub-Saharan Africa, where relevant.
- Your organisation has a clear idea of what you want to achieve through the Advance programme.
- You have the backing and support of your organisation at the highest level.
- You and at least one other senior level representative from your organisation could co-develop with Hub Cymru Africa a joint activity plan to implement over the next year to achieve your goal.
- You are committed to a monthly activity over a year to achieve your goal, whether that’s attending conferences, training or meeting your mentor.
About your organisation
- Your organisation is based in Wales. It is more than 2 years old, or must have realistic and tested pilot plans and be ready to start.
- You have a partner organisation which you work with in Sub-Saharan Africa, where relevant.
- You have experience of delivering projects with your African partner, where relevant and a current partnership agreement.
- You have appropriate governance arrangements in place
- Your organisation is NOT in crisis.
Please do NOT apply if:
- You only want the financial support and do not want to participate in the co-production and mentoring aspects of the programme.
- You only plan to run a one-off project.
- Your project will be undertaking any party political or proselytising activities.
- Your project beneficiaries are only in Wales.
- You plan to use your grant fund for existing salary costs or organisational overheads.
Choosing an advance programme
Here’s a brief outline of the advance programme options we have:
Want to know more?
For a full explanation download our guidance document which explains more about the Advance programme and how to apply, or scroll down to see more about eligibility.
Please check back regularly for details of when the programme will be open for applications for 2021.