The Hub Cymru Africa partnership is seeking a supplier of Welsh translation services for the next two years, with the possibility of extending after this period. We estimate that we will require the translation of approximately 70,000 words per annum.
The translation service will be for a range of documents such as conference and workshop descriptions and biographies, guidelines and policies, reports, web content and press releases.
We are working to ensure the language we use is inclusive and anti-racist and have developed a glossary of terms at https://bit.ly/3DdXmhI. We expect our new supplier to work with us to ensure a similar consistency of terminology in the Welsh translations, through expanding the glossary into Welsh.
About Hub Cymru Africa
Hub Cymru Africa is a partnership supporting the Wales Africa Community, bringing together the work of the Wales and Africa Health Links Network, the Sub-Sahara Advisory Panel and Fair Trade Wales. We represent the international solidarity sector in Wales.
In your submission please indicate
- A quotation for the work, inclusive of all expenses and inclusive of VAT, plus the basis on which you would wish to invoice us (on a monthly fixed basis or by work done)
- Your turnaround period for general work, and for urgent items
- Your method of returning translations (our preference would be for you completing the work via shared Google Drive documents)
- How you will manage periods where you are absent and unable to undertake the work yourself
- Your commitment to understanding the nuances of language around the work that we do, especially around race
- How you will ensure the accuracy of translations e.g. qualifications and CPD, membership of Cymdeithas Cyfieithwyr Cymru etc
- Your experience regarding working with other organisations to fulfil similar contracts
- Details of at least two businesses that you have worked with who would be open to us contacting them for a reference
- Your commitment to equality and diversity and to environmental sustainability (applicable only to organisations)
- Evidence of professional indemnity insurance (please attach copy)
- Evidence of financial viability, e.g. most recent company accounts (applicable to organisations only)
If you have any queries about this tender please contact CathieJackson@hubcymruafrica.org.uk.
Tenders should be submitted in English to the above email address by 5pm on Tuesday 14th December 2021.